Verizon has just rolled out an update brings the August 2017 Android security patches on their own Galaxy Note5. The update is still part of the monthly Android security maintenance of which has now bumped the device Android Security Patch Level to August 1, 2017.
Changes: Android Device Security Updates – 2017-08-01
- Device name: Galaxy Note5
- Model number: SM-N920V
- Android version7.0 (Nougat)
- Android security patch level: August 1, 2017
- Baseband version: N920VVRS3CQH1
- Kernel version: 3.10.61
- Build number: NRD90M.N920VVRS3CQH1
- Release date: August 28, 2017
This type of Android OS update only weighs at approximately 20 MB in file size so it looks like it doesn’t takes much time to install in the device,
So again, if you’ve got a Verizon Galaxy Note5 and yet haven’t receive the update’s notification message. Just simply hit that software update button in your device. From the device Home screen simply tap Apps > Settings > About device > Check for Updates.
How to Update Galaxy Note 5 via Over-The-Air:
Make sure your phone’s battery is fully re-charged before starting the software update. This is a must and very important part to get rid of some issues if ever the software update being interrupted due to a power failure.
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > Settings > About device > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now.
- When the download complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed. Tap Install update.
- The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.
- One the phone reboots, you may head back to Settings > About device to double-check if you’ve successfully updated your Galaxy Note 5.
source: Verion Note5 support page