Verizon has pushed an update on Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920V), and its bumping the device Android OS to build version N920VVRS3BPL4 from previous released version N920VVRU3BPJ3. The said update is not the Android Nougat update that we have been waiting for, but it’s the monthly Android security maintenance released to which now brings the December Android security patches.
The rolling out was originally started on December 28, during while everyone has been enjoying the holiday season. But the update is still live via Over-The-Air as we speak and might end shortly for a couple days.
OTA Update version N920VVRS3BPL4
- December Android Device Security Updates
- Optimize device performance
- Resolve known issues
Build version details:
- Android version: 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Android security patch level: December 1, 2016
- Baseband version: N920VVRS3BPL4
- Kernel version: 3.10.61
- Build number: MMB29K.N920VVRS3BPL4
How to Update the Galaxy Note 5 via Over-The-Air (OTA)
The Over The Air (OTA) update requires you to connect your Galaxy Note 5 to a Wi-Fi network to avoid high data charges. Ensure that your device battery is recharged before performing the software update. The phone must not have been rooted or otherwise the update may fail or it may cause a fatal error. You must fully unroot your Galaxy Note5 first before performing the software update.
- From the device Home screen, simply touch Apps.
- Touch the Settings (gear icon).
- Touch the System tab.
- Touch About device.
- Touch Software update.
- Touch Check for updates. It will then prompts you to the new software update.
- Lastly, touch the Install button, then OK.