Following the May 1, 2017 Android security update on T-Mobile Galaxy Note 5, Verizon is now pushing an OTA update dubbed as version NRD90M.N920VVRS3CQE1 for their Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920V) variants. This update primarily brings the May 1, 2017 Android Security Patch Level to the earlier Android 7.0 Nougat update version NRD90M.N920VVRS3CQD1.
Here are the details:
- Device name: SAMSUNG-SM-N920V (Verizon)
- Android version: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Android Security patch level: May 1, 2017
- Baseband version: N920VVRS3CQE1
- Kernel version: 3.10.61
- Build number: NRD90M.N920VVRS3CQE1
- AP: N920VVRS3CQE1
- CP: N920VVRS3CQE1
- CSC: N920VZWS3CQE1
What new: The current software update gives you the most up to date Android security patches on your device.
Android 7.0 Nougat Features:
- Android 7.0 Nougat OS upgrade
- Provides new UX and various performance modes
- Improved usability of the Notification feature and Quick settings button
- Improved usability of the Multi-window
- Improved setting menu and Always On Display
- Efficient space for installation of downloaded apps, improved speed of system upgrade and app installation
The update is currently seeding via Over-The-Air, so you can take the update either manually check the update by going to the Menu Key > Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
Just in-case if someone haven’t updated their Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920V to Nougat update yet, you may update your device using the Verizon upgrade assistant from the Verizon site. This can save you time from installing the previous security patches before you get Android 7.0 Nougat update.
How to Update Galaxy Note 5 via Over-The-Air:
Make sure your phone’s battery is fully re-charged before starting the software update. This is a must and very important part to get rid of some issues if ever the software update being interrupted due to a power failure.
From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > Settings > About device > Software updates > Check for Updates.
If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. When complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed. Tap Install update.
The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.
You’ve successfully updated your Galaxy Note 5 OS to Android 7.0 Nougat.