For those who owns a T-Mobile Galaxy Note5 (SM-N920T) you folks can now take a deep breath as the Android 7.0 Nougat update is finally here.
Earlier this month, Galaxy Note 5 owners on AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon has started receiving their Android 7.0 updates, while those on T-Mobile have been patiently waiting and lurking around to get their Nougat update too. Well fellas, the long wait is finally over.
Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920T Android 7.0 Nougat Update version N920TUVU4EQC6
- Android version: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Android security patch level: March 1, 2017
- Baseband version: N920TUVU4EQC6
- Kernel version: 3.10.61-10809541
- Build number: NRD90M.N920TUVU4EQC6
- AP: N920TUVU4EQC6
- CP: N920TUVU4EQC6
- CSC: N920TTMB4EQC6
- Android 7.0 Nougat OS upgrade
- Samsung Cloud
- Samsung Pass
- Provides new UX and various performance modes
- Improved usability of the Notification feature and Quick settings button
- Improved usability of the Multi-window
- Improved setting menu and Always On Display
- Efficient space for installation of downloaded apps, improved speed of system upgrade and app installation
However, it’s only available thru Smart Switch for PC at this moment but it might be also release via Over-The Air anytime soon.
How to Update Galaxy Note 5 via Over-The-Air:
Make sure your phone’s battery is fully re-charged before starting the software update. This is a must and very important part to get rid of some issues if ever the software update being interrupted due to a power failure.
From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > Settings > About device > Software updates > Check for Updates.
If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. When complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed. Tap Install update.
The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.
You’ve successfully updated your Galaxy Note 5 OS to Android 7.0 Nougat.
[Thank’s to Sarah]