Sprint Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920P official Android 7.0 Nougat updates has finally arrived.
The carrier has just released an update dubbed as version N920PVPU3DQC5, weighing at 1450.55 MB in size.
Even though Sprint did not make any official announcement yet at their support page at this moment, but it is now live and being rolled out via Over-The-Air OTA as we speak.
Anyways, here goes the details:
- Device: Galaxy Note5 SM-N920P
- Android version: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Android security patch level: March 1, 2017
- Baseband version: N920PVPU3DQC5
- Kernel version: 3.10.61-10809541
- Build number: NRD90M.N920PVPU3DQC5
What’s New in Android 7.0 Nougat:
- Android 7.0 Nougat Upgrade
- New and improved UX
- Various Performance modes added
- Improved Multi-window – Split Screen
- Improved Notification and Quick settings button features
- Device security updates
This Nougat update also includes the March 1, 2017 Android security patches. Much better for you to check the update right now if you haven’t received the notification message yet.
How to Update Galaxy Note 5 via Over The Air (OTA Update)
The Over The Air (OTA) update requires you to connect your Galaxy Note 5 to a Wi-Fi network to avoid high data charges.
- From the device Home screen, simply tap Apps.
- Tap the Settings (gear icon).
- Tap the System tab.
- Tap About device.
- Tap Software update.
- Tap Check for updates.
Make sure your Galaxy Note5 hasn’t been rooted nor modified so you can take the update without any hiccups. Again, updating via Over-The-Air for a rooted and a modified device will not tend to work. So you may unroot your device first before performing the software updates.