AT&T Has pushed the monthly Android security updates on Galaxy Note5. THis time around, the update has bumped up the latter’s Android Security Patch level to August 1, 2017. The update has also moved the device recent Android 7.0 Nougat OS to version N920AUCS4EQH1 from N920AUCS4EQG1.
Changes: Android Device Security Updates
- Device name: Galaxy Note5
- Model number: SM-N920A
- Android version7.0 (Nougat)
- Android security patch level: August 1, 2017
- Baseband version: N920AUCS4EQH1
- Kernel version: 3.10.61-10809541
- Build number: NRD90M.N920AUCS4EQH1
- Release date: August 25, 2017
The Over-The-Air OTA update weighs at 18.4MB in file size so it looks like it doesn’t takes much time to install the said update.
So again, if you’ve got a AT&T Galaxy Note5 and wants to take the update, just simply hit that software update button in your device. From the device Home screen simply tap Apps > Settings > About device > Check for Updates.
How to Update Galaxy Note 5 via Over-The-Air:
Make sure your phone’s battery is fully re-charged before starting the software update. This is a must and very important part to get rid of some issues if ever the software update being interrupted due to a power failure.
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > Settings > About device > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now.
- When the download complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed. Tap Install update.
- The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.
- One the phone reboots, you may head back to Settings > About device to double-check if you’ve successfully updated your Galaxy Note 5.
source: AT&T Note5 support page