The Android 7.0 Nougat update for the Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920W8 variant has finally arrived in Canada. Earlier, Telus Galaxy Note 5 users has already started receiving the said Android Nougat updates. While those from Bell, Rogers, and among the rest of all Canadian carriers might also follow shortly.
The Android 7.0 Nougat update has bumped the Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920W8 OS version to N920W8VLU4CQC9. While it also moved the Android security patch level to March 1, 2017.
Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920W8 Android 7.0 Nougat Update version N920W8VLU4CQC9
- Android version: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Android security patch level: March 1, 2017
- Baseband version: N920W8VLU4CQC9
- Kernel version: 3.10.61-10942903
- Build number: NRD90M.N920W8VLU4CQC9
- AP: N920W8VLU4CQC9
- CP: N920W8VLU4CQC9
- CSC: N920W8OYA4CQC9
Here are the Changelog details of the Nougat updates:
- Android 7.0 Nougat OS upgrade
- Samsung Cloud
- Samsung Pass
- Provides new UX and various performance modes
- Improved usability of the Notification feature and Quick settings button
- Improved usability of the Multi-window
- Improved setting menu and Always On Display
- Efficient space for installation of downloaded apps, improved speed of system upgrade and app installation
The update weighed in at 1222MB in size, and are being held available via Over-The-Air OTA. The rolling out is still in stages and it will take into several days before it reaches in some areas. Again this update is deployed by all Canadian carriers, including the factory unlocked version which is released by Samsung itself via OTA and Smart Switch for PC.
How to Update Galaxy Note 5 via Over-The-Air:
Make sure your phone’s battery is fully re-charged before starting the software update. This is a must and very important part to get rid of some issues if ever the software update being interrupted due to a power failure.
From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > Settings > About device > Software updates > Check for Updates.
If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. When complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed. Tap Install update.
The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.
You’ve successfully updated your Galaxy Note 5 OS to Android 7.0 Nougat.
[Thank’s to Paul]