The Android 7.0 Nougat update for Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920I variants has finally begun. The said Nougat update is now available for those who owned the factory unlocked and Vodafone Galaxy Note 5 in Australia. While other carriers such as Telstra and Optus might as well follow soon.
However, for New Zealand and Singapore Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920I owners, you folks might still hold on for a little while. There hasn’t any signs of the Android 7.0 Nougat movements from Samsung’s software update center in the said region as of this moment.
Anyways, the first Android Nougat update comes in build version N920IDVU3CQD3. It is a similar build heading in both unbranded and carrier branded Galaxy Note 5 in Australia. Along with all the Nougat goodies, this version also includes the March 1, 2017 Android security patch level.
Here are the details:
- Device name: Galaxy Note 5
- Model number: SM-N920I
- Android version: 7.0 (Nougat)
- Android Security patch level: March 1, 2017
- Baseband version: N920IDVU3CQD2
- Kernel version: 3.10.61-10809520
- Build number: NRD90M.N920IDVU3CQD3
- AP: N920IDVU3CQD3
- CP: N920IDVU3CQD2
- CSC: N920IXSA3CQD3
Android 7.0 Nougat Features:
- Android 7.0 Nougat OS upgrade
- Provides new UX and various performance modes
- Improved usability of the Notification feature and Quick settings button
- Improved usability of the Multi-window
- Improved setting menu and Always On Display
- Efficient space for installation of downloaded apps, improved speed of system upgrade and app installation
The update is seeding via Over-The-Air. Once the device received the update, the OS version will bumped to Android 7.0 Nougat version NRD90M.N920IDVU3CQD3 from the previous Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow version MMB29K.N920IDVS3BQA3.
Make sure to manually check the update by going to the device settings. From Home screen, Apps > Settings > Software info> Software updates > Check for Updates.
How to Update Galaxy Note 5 to Android 7.0 Nougat via Over-The-Air:
Make sure your phone’s battery is fully re-charged before starting the software update. This is a must and very important part to get rid of some issues if ever the software update being interrupted due to a power failure.
From the Home screen, tap the Menu Key > Settings > About device > Software updates > Check for Updates.
If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. When complete, a screen will appear advising you that the new version of software is ready to be installed. Tap Install update.
The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK.
You’ve successfully updated your Galaxy Note 5 OS to Android 7.0 Nougat.
[Thank’s to William]